SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#61532 - 04/10/08 08:27 AM Re: My Review of the "Music Pad Pro"
UkTexan Offline

Loc: Chelmsford, Essex, UK
I have been evaluating the MusicReader software for about 10 days. There is a forum from the originators of this software and I asked if there will be a playlist facility and they have said this hopefully will be incorporated shortly. They are very open to ideas from the users and potential users of the software.
I ordered the suggested "Footime" pedal. This was ordered from Holland, paid for in dollars, and delivered from USA to UK in about 8 days. The software can be ordered as a download or posted. I haven't bought the software yet. I have the Musicpad Pro so I can compare the systems. I basically was just curious about how it compared with MPP and the usb footpedal can be used as a page turner with other pdf material. I use it on a normal laptop but it is suggested that it is used on a tablet pc. You have to Rotate the laptop so it is like a book, to read the music in letter style format (portrait). It is a fairly inexpensive way of replicating a MusicPad system and definitely worth downloading to evaluate if it would work for your needs. Hope this is helpful.
Cheers
Carol

#61533 - 04/16/08 09:38 AM Re: My Review of the "Music Pad Pro"
Fran D Offline

Loc: Aiken, SC, USA
Downloaded the alternative to MPP and it is in beta form and needs a lot of work but has possibilities. The main objection is using with a lap top, is not convenient and purchasing a decent Tablet PC runs the total cost up $2000.

I am looking into the MPP. Has anyone any suggestions where it can be purchased at the best price?

Fran in SC

#61534 - 04/17/08 07:23 AM Re: My Review of the "Music Pad Pro"
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
FRAN D....

My MPP was listed in one of the forums here on SZ... The listing was under a "Buy and Sell" thread that had been posted for a few months. It is an earlier model. The price was right...about 1/3 of new cost. It came to me from a player in FL....closer to you than to me...

Your friend-of-long-standing who lives in TN, is a computer WIZARD, and a 7K player as well as my new friend, has been a wonderful help getting my MPP up and running.

I suggest you watch the forum, talk to others, browse around.... seek and you will find!

Happy Hunting!

ELIZABETH

#61535 - 04/17/08 10:15 AM Re: My Review of the "Music Pad Pro"
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
I'll be visiting with Fran and Marge next week. Will have the one of my MPP's with me. Will get a chance to play Fran's Yammie 900.

#61536 - 04/17/08 11:52 AM Re: My Review of the "Music Pad Pro"
Fran D Offline

Elizabeth,

I am watching all posts as an older model would suit my needs.

My good buddy Bob will spend some time next week and he will give me a good MPP walk through.

Start saving your change for next March and join us at the 5th Florida Keyboard Conference. You'll get to meet all those folks you converse with on the forum and hopefully, including the three musketeers from Britain, Bill, Roger and Peter. A remarkable threesome.

Fran in SC

#61537 - 04/18/08 07:43 AM Re: My Review of the "Music Pad Pro"
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
FRAN & BOB.....

It will take a bunch more than "change" to get my MoHo all the way to FL and back at 5 mpg! Oh well, it is just money! An opportunity to meet all of you players just might be worth the costs!

By then I might even have my MPP up and running!

Have fun guys!

ELIZABETH

#61538 - 05/27/08 02:14 AM Re: My Review of the "Music Pad Pro"
mbmleone Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran D:
Downloaded the alternative to MPP and it is in beta form and needs a lot of work but has possibilities. The main objection is using with a lap top, is not convenient and purchasing a decent Tablet PC runs the total cost up $2000.

I am looking into the MPP. Has anyone any suggestions where it can be purchased at the best price?

Fran in SC

HP has a very good alternative Tablet PC which costs $1000 -$1200. It has most of the features the other Tablet PCs have. For more info see the Tablet PC comparison on the MusicReader website .

#61539 - 05/27/08 03:44 AM Re: My Review of the "Music Pad Pro"
Fran D Offline

Thank you for your reply. I did look at the HP Tablet but have taken another route and am very happy with the results. I am using PDF 4 or 5 Pro to assemble my scanned lead sheets so they are viewed on a 17"LCD Monitor on my music stand, fed by my lap top computer.

I have a much clearer and larger picture than the MPP offers which is helpful when scanning from some fake books, and one click to change to the next song.

The cost of PDF 5 software and the 17" monitor totals $240. Seventy percent cheaper than the MPP and one hundred percent better for my needs. Many pros use a similar setup for lead sheets and some just for the lyrics.

Fran in SC

#61540 - 06/04/09 04:48 AM Re: My Review of the "Music Pad Pro"
mbmleone Offline

There is now a website with a listing of hardware ideas:
make your own electronic music stand

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online